Monday, June 6, 2016

Guadeloupe

I need to start with an apology.  My last post was a complaint about how I would be living with my daughter in her un-air conditioned apartment.  But her friends from church have a beautiful home with a guest bungalow and they offered it to me when it is available - my first week here.  Not only does this cozy bungalow have air conditioning, but it also has this view.
There's no filter on that photo.

So here's my cozy cottage

(With my finger in the photo because apparently I don't know how my camera works.)

Yesterday we met some of Beth's friends on the little island you see in the first photo - Ilet de Gosier.  It's like a park, except there are no restrooms on the island  (there is, however, a little outdoor restaurant so make of that what you will.) It was fun to take a little boat ride out to the island and explore the lighthouse and see the "native" animals - guinea fowl, chickens and iguanas.  While on the island, I took a photo looking across the water to my little bungalow.  Can you see it?
So my first full day has been wonderful.  But just in case you're feeling really jealous of me and my glamorous lifestyle, let me tell you that the humidity is really doing a number on my hair and no amount of curl cream can control it.  You won't be seeing photos of me anytime soon because I'm frightening.  And, as I predicted, I'm sweating through every piece of clothing I own.  So while the views are gorgeous, I, most definitely, am not.

No comments:

Post a Comment